TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Balboa Water Group is seeking individuals with a positive attitude who enjoy working in a fast-pace environment and have the demonstrated desire and ability to thrive in a challenging work environment. We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Specialist. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, a Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for resolving customer technical questions via different means of communication, such as e-mail or phone, as well as provide training and other other technical sales tools. Previous experience in the industry is a plus.
The Technical Support Representative's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- (90%) resolving customer technical questions directly through telephone, e-mail or other methods of communication, or via the Sales and Service Representative. The CSR will identify customer needs and resolve routine
customer technical questions by troubleshooting identifying the technical solution, providing available specifications, and/or escalating as necessary to achieve optimal resolution.
- (10%) provide technical training, technical sales tools, and technical support to Customer, Sales and Customer Service Representatives required.
- Answer Sales and Service and direct customer calls, e-mails and chat in a professional manner to determine the best solution to satisfy the customer's needs.
- Perform effective discovery to uncover potential additional opportunities for Sales and Support.
- Support other functions within the company in a respectful and professional manner, such as assisting Production, Sales and Customer Service and Marketing with technical information.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent technical communication skills: able to converse in technical terms with Customers.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication and social skills with both internal and external Customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to research information on the web and through the use of diagrams, drawings, videos and other technical media.
- Excellent general computer skills, and strong ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to read and interpret two-dimensional drawings.
- Professional demeanor is required at all times.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a changing workload.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent experience is required.
- BS strongly preferred.
- 2 years of experience minimum in a technical support or customer service role is required.
- Experience working with water flow piping is desired.
- Experience working with electronics products is desired.
- Experience working with electric motors and water pump is desired.
- Experience working in the Spa, Pool, Bath or Hot Tub industries is desired.
Balboa is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software and hardware from attacks and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. you will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
NETWORK ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Maintaining and administering computer networks, phone systems and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required. Protecting data, software and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and other network and system problems
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Maintaining, configuring and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware and operating system hardware.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches and controllers
- Knowledge of applications transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and documentation for design ad planning network communications systems
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- A self-starter able to work independently but comforatable working in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
- Network security experience
- LAN and WAN experience
- Minimum of 5 year's experience